Thursday, August 11, 2011

Impatiently wishing for Patience


Nope, yesterday didn't go well at all. Seems I'm more allergic to beans than I thought. :/

You know you are sick when you can't figure out why it's so hard to get the ginger-ale through your straw only to look down and see this.



Sigh.

But anyhow, I think I'm feeling better today. I hope. These last few weeks seem to have been especially, Providentially planned to make me rest. I'm a work-non-stop-to-run-away-from-your-problems kind of person. Not the best approach to life, I do know. My "To Do" list was a mile long for this week and I've only done half of one of the items. When you are doped up on Benadryl you can't do a whole lot of work. : )

So I'm trying to learn patience. And as I'm working at it I have found it all through the scriptures. For instance, imagine how Caleb and Joshua must have felt as they wandered around for forty years, waiting for the last of the old generation to die off. They certainly didn't "deserve" to have to "waste" 40 years of their life, just because the others had sinned. Knowing how eager they were for the land, I can only imagine how their hearts longed for their promise, their inheritance.

Years later, time and time again, Israelite's would have to eagerly wait for delivery from captivity. They knew God's promise of redemption, but they were forced to wait. To trust.

For now I'm waiting. Waiting to feel great, waiting to return to some sort of normalcy. I can trust. So far God hasn't asked me to wait for 40 years. : )
"Rest in the Lord and wait Patiently for Him..." Ps. 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment