Monday, October 15, 2012

A Strictly Fun Post


Hi guys! Time for a fun post, don'tcha think?

 First off, be sure to mark your calenders all you fellow Whovians. For there is to be the greatest of earthly blog parties on October 22nd, at the blogs of Bramblewood Fashion and Day by Day.  I personally, can't wait. I've got all sorts of stuff to share with you. 


Thirdly, to all the lovely bloggers I follow, and to all of you who follow me. I am ashamed of myself, really I am. I have been slack at posting, and slack at commenting on your posts. I wish blogger could come up with something that would jot down what I was thinking. I've written hundreds of posts and  composed thousands of comments in my head. I just can't get them all written out. 

Fourthly, I've been awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Little Lady of Sunshine and Shadows. Thanks! 

BTW, it is curious how the Liebster award started circulating through English blogs, it's actually a German blog award. Anyhow, I do hope that we have shared a few of our awards with them. 


11 Facts about myself...

1. I'm an English Major, I'm using College Plus to get my degree. I want to be an English and writing tutor some day. For now I'm just a student.

2. Even though I still read an average of 6  books a month, I rarely pick up a book and read, I'm dependent now on audio books. I LOVE audible and Librivox, (if you were wondering).

3. I'm really bad at names. My brain doesn't retain a name when I meet someone, instead it has a habit of creating a weird story structure for them in my head. When I meet them again, all I can think of is my imaginary story of their life. 






4. This is what I want to be like when I'm old and in a nursing home. I intend to have several of my friends admitted into the home with me, then we can giggle and get senile together. :)

5. I like to pretend that I'm a chef and show off my cooking skills. A couple of days ago I actually got my skillet to flame up as I flipped the food. My brother was in awe of my incredible skills. :)

6.I used to think that my vocation was theater.

7. I work for a Lawyer. The job definitely has it's perks.

8. I can't swim, only doggy paddle. My family thinks it's hilarious and they like to get me into awkward predicaments in the water, where I am at their total mercy. At which point they generally throw me a life preserver, and then laugh at me. 

9.I love Cheez-its. (Which makes this photo adorable, even though I can't stand hamsters.)

10. I like my coffee strong. And never, ever, instant coffee please. That's just wrong. 

11. For most of my life I have hated poetry, it wasn't until recently that I discovered that I actually liked it.


1. Rain or shine?
Rain, If I get to stay inside and read. Shine, if I have to go out. Too bad, there isn't an on/off switch. :)

2. What was your favorite cartoon / movie growing up?
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

3. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be?
Anne

4. What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate Truffles

5. Favorite specialty drink (Starbucks/Biggby/Etc.)
Iced Chai Latte. 

6. Favorite screen/literary couple?
Arthur Clenham and Amy Dorrit

7. What is your favorite restaurant?
Carrabba's

8. What is your favorite color and why?
Turquoise. Just because. 

9. If you had to eat one food forever, what would it be?
Cheese, glorious cheese. Preferably a good strong cheddar and a creamy mozzarella

10. Mascara or blush?
Both. I'm one of those girls who the whole world politely asks to wear makeup.

11. Is your hair color natural?
Yep, though I have had it highlighted in the past, I like it with highlights.

And your 11 questions:

1. Pinterest vs. Facebook. Which is better?
2. Heels or flats?
3. Style of music? 
4.Mystery or Comedy?
5. Weirdest think you have eaten.
6.Which literary/screen character are you most like?
7. Opinion on coffee?
8.Favorite song?
9.Do you go to bed at a set time?
10. Do you think best in silence or with noise?
11. Favorite thing you have ever created. 

And I hereby tag the following lovely bloggers:
Jeanine from Wayfaring Girl on a Mission

And here are the rules:

1. You must post eleven facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers
4. Notify them that you've awarded them
5. No tagging back
6. And the eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers

Fine Print: Images not mine, but have been shamelessly taken from pinterest, yes they are links. 

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your answers! Love the one about making up imaginary lives for the people you meet! Ha ha!

    Thanks for awarding us! :)
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete