Friday, September 16, 2011

Vacation Adventure Day 4 and 5 Simple Things.


Things I loved about these last two days.

Cool drizzly air necessitating soft cardigans and warm drinks.

Sunny park benches, perfect for reading books on.
Burgers, grilled by myself, the first ever, and they were edible. :)

Hammered Dulcimer shop, with the most unbelievably beautiful dulcimers - That I was allowed to play. Taking home a set of new hammers to try out on my own dulcimer.


Sense of supreme accomplishment of looking over the hills after a steep hike.

Campfire warming my face and hands, while the cool mountain air blows across my ankles.

Swirled clouds above mountains.

Seeing complete blackness in the depths of a cave, and knowing just a little of what it must have felt like for the blind to be given their sight.

Little hillbilly produce stands along the road, proudly pronouncing the fact that they sell "boiled peanuts" and "taters".

Drippy caverns with their beautiful rocks, and blind trout. (And yes, even a bat or two)

Southern accents.

And I saved the very best for last -

A store entirely dedicated to Scotland, with a brief nod to Ireland and Wales. Bodhran's, kilts, haggis, claymore's , and clan plaids. Bagpipe music in the background, Scottish flag in the foreground, it was perfect. :)

Fine print: Images are my own. The cave picture being one of the last ones taken, after I realized that flash photography is necessary in a cave. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment