I like cupcakes. I like them to be moist and sophisticated, bursting with flavor and fascination, and topped with mounds of gourmet icing and lots of sprinkles.Basically, I have the ideal cupcake in my head. I've never tasted it before, I've never seen it, but it is real and it is something that I will some day discover.
Today was not that day.
~sigh~
I measured, whisked, and baked. I carefully cut off the tops, and filled them with fluffy strawberry cream. I carefully matched each cupcake top to it's original owner, and carefully sealed in all that strawberry goodness. Vanilla butter-cream icing was carefully swirled on top. Then, because cupcakes no matter how gourmet, are still just cupcakes, I pulled out the bag of sprinkles.
The cupcakes were good, they were cute, and definitely edible. But my quest must continue. Someday when cupcakes are about as popular as fondue or aspic, I'll discover the perfect recipe.
Until then I'll keep measuring, whisking, and baking. My little sister will keep sprinkling. Because, after all, baking cupcakes is an adventure, and sprinkles are to be enjoyed. Perfection isn't the goal, enjoying creating is. Now go forth and create something! :)
Fine Print: Anybody know a good cupcake recipe? Life with Abibliophobia (that's me :)) is hosting a giveaway over at Defective Compositions. Go sign up. :) Cupcake images not mine. Linking up with Kellie as we share our blessings.
            
            





.gif)


I'm making cupcakes right now!
ReplyDeleteChocolate ones with mini Cadbury eggs in the middle! =)
I love cupcakes!!!
Perhaps you would share your recipe? :) They sound lovely!
DeleteMmmm.. making cupcakes sounds really good right now. :9
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to try making this cupcake recipe for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I think you and your sister might like it. :) Hope you enjoy!
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Special-Mocha-Cupcakes
Ooooh, yummy. Thanks! Mocha is a big favorite, I can't wait to try it!
DeleteCupcakes are the most adorable things! I hardly ever make them, because our horrid little oven takes about four times as long to bake things as it should:) and I just end up making a solid cake of pan muffins. But it's always worth the effort. Yours sound mouth watering...thanks;D
ReplyDeleteAnd sprinkles... yes.
Thanks for linking up! I think that's the perfect blessing to share!
--Kellie
Cupcakes are deliciously divine. A friend of mine just opened up a bakery. She makes jumbo gourmet cupcakes. The thick frosty frosting is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteAnd whenever I go to the mall down south of here I always stop at a little gourmet cupcake kiosk. They do such fantastic business! The owner wakes up early and makes all the cupcakes for the day and then loads them up, she has a girl manning the kiosk during the day. Those little treasures have tons of different flavorings and combos from choc chip cookie dough cupcakes to apple cobbler cupcakes. Such a cool idea. Makes me want to start my own cupcake business!!!
The cupcakes were super yummy on Sunday!
ReplyDeleteYour cupcakes looked beautiful Sunday!!! Sorry I didn't get to say bye. I’ll have to get back with you on those dates you wanted. BTW your account picture is gorgeous. You truly are a beautiful girl inside and out :)
ReplyDelete~Amber S.
It sounds like you and your sister should go into the cupcake business! Have you ever watched any of the cupcake shows on TLC, WE TV or the Food Network? Maybe your dream cupcake is sitting in their shop display cases at this moment...
ReplyDeleteI have to agree, sprinkles are essential to a good cupcake. After the icing. ;)
And I just looked up the word "aspic"...um, ew.
Wishing you all the best in your search for the perfect cupcake recipe! :)