Friday, January 13, 2012

January~ A Book Worm's Calendar

Dear Fellow Bookworms,
I hope no one has had to survive even a day without something to read. I know I have been busy savoring my Christmas books. But I do apologize for waiting until now to announce the book for this month. 

This month's book is one of my top ten favorites. 

Esther Ried by Isabella Alden. 

Esther Ried is tired, overworked, and discontent. But when she visits her wealthy cousin her life will change, forever. Spiritually Esther had been asleep, apathetic, but  her awakening brings her to a new realization of her task in life. How will Esther find ways to serve God in her busy and exhausting world?

I can think of no better book to start out a new year with than this. It's a well written fiction story that will open your eyes and wake you up. If you like old fashioned stories, inspiring stories, and simply delightful stories you will enjoy this one. I cannot recommend it enough. :) 

And one of the great things about this month's book is that you can get it completely free. 

Find it here on Project Gutenberg (one of my favorite book places), read it either online or download it into your computer or e-reader. 

Are you like me and too busy crafting up a storm to actually read a book? Fortunately for you this book (and the rest of it's series) is on Librivox, excellently read, and completely free. 

But, if you would prefer to actually have a tangible book in your hands. Get it here.


Please tell me if you plan to read along this month or any other time. Have you already read this? Let me know what you think! 

Happy Reading
~Amanda 

Fine Print: Images not my own. And, yes, if you buy this book from the Amazon link I have provided, I will make a commission. Feel free to do so. :)



5 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    thanks for visiting over at my place and for taking the time to write down some kind words there. i liked this post a lot. im an avid reader as well...i am curious enough about this book to look it up. sounds like the kind of things i like to read. i also enjoyed your gratitude list--such a quiet list made up of the things that make life rich.

    blessings in His grace,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thee has picked a good book for January, it's one of my all-time favorites also! I read it several years ago but listened to it on Librivox last spring. Ooh, and the one about Julia is AWESOME too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ester Ried?? That is such a great book! It challenged areas in my own life! Hmm...I think I need to read it again!
    ~I enjoy these posts! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read this book, so I may try to hunt down a copy. Are you discussing the book elsewhere for a group read?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mrs. Pedersen I haven't started a group discussion on this book. Perhaps if there was enough interest.... :/

    ReplyDelete