Thursday, November 3, 2011

Of Tea, Colds, and Word Counts.

I'm allergic to writing contests.

I'm sure of it now.

I was pretty sure last contest I did, now I'm positive. Every time I force myself to write I come down with something. Anything, a cold, a sprained arm, swine flue, malaria...  (Just kidding about that one.:)

Anyhow, this is the seventh writing contest I've done, and I had planned on doubling up on vitamins just in case something should try to attack my system. I was a day too late. Night 1 of Nano, I came down with a terrible cold. It's still hanging around.

Feel sorry for me please?

Anyhow, Nano update. I'm loving it, my word count isn't incredibly high, too much of a cold for that. But I am getting somewhere in my story. It's about time, I needed to get this story out of my system.

My room mate is still trying to understand the reason behind Nano. Poor cat.

Back to my cold, the cat has one too. We're sneezing together and pitying each other. She takes her medicine when I take mine. It's nice to have a companion in this.

So there's my life for this week. Between sneezing, writing, and drinking pots full of hot tea it's been a pretty good week.

How about yours?



Fine Print: Tea pot image not mine. Though I certainly would not mind having that little yellow pot on the second shelf down far right. :)

6 comments:

  1. Did you make that cat
    of yours pose for that picture?
    Even if you did that is soooooo
    cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, she did that on her own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! What would life be without the faithful companion of a cat?! Actually, I just recently lost my Pollyanna that I had for 5 years. I had gotten her before her eyes were even open and had to bottle feed her. She was my big baby, to say the least.
    Hope you and your kitty get to feeling better soon.
    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sorry you have a cold... I do hate those! Have fun with your writing! I would love to do Nano some day... oh, and as I type, my kitty is sitting in my lap for company;) I'm usually not an indoor cat person, but Mildred just snuck through the tent flap every time my back was turned to come in by the warm stove... I finally gave up and let her stay in=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a picture of one of my cats reading one of my books too! We must have some smart cats. Hahha! :)

    ReplyDelete