Simple Blessings, scattered all throughout our days. Tiny things, often hidden behind bad things.
Things we never see because we are so wrapped up in our big problems.
Never realizing that our problems are normally the petty things, and the blessings are the big things.
It rained today. A gray, depressing, dreary rain. One of those dripping rains, that take all day long to finish when they could have finished in a 10 minute hearty down pour.
I grumbled at the rain. It was ruining all me plans. The leaves were piling up in the yard. With rain added on top they would take forever to rake up.
Not a big problem really, but just enough to get me really grumpy at the weather.
It wasn't until I actually took a good look outside that I saw what I was missing.
It wasn't only raining little tiny rain drops, it was raining leaves.
They came down swirling, and fluttering to land in a thick carpet. A carpet of reds and oranges and browns.
And then I realized what I would have missed if I had raked those leaves up today in the sun.
So there is my simple blessing for today. I can't think of anything more simple or more radiantly lovely than a fall leaf.
Fine Print: Linking up with the Sharing the Simple Blessings series from Accordion to Kellie. All
pictures are my own.
            
            




.gif)


Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! I am so glad you shared this - thank you!
ReplyDeleteAnd it is a blessing, also, to even have all of those beautiful deciduous trees in your yard - most of the trees where I live in the mountains keep their green needles all year! =) The tamaracks and aspens are breathtaking, though, and it is truly one of the most awesome spectacles of God's handiwork to see them flame out into color in Autumn.
Blessings!
~Kellie~
So true. God is in the big life-changing events as well as the tiny, often neglected shows of His grace and power and love. Enjoy those leaves for me, I'm not going to see any autumn colors until next year. =-/
ReplyDeleteThank you; this is a great blog.
ReplyDeleteRoos
That is so true! We were all kind of grumping about the rain today so thanks for the new perspective.
ReplyDelete